All the classrooms are architecturally designed with optimal natural light adequate air circulation and equipped with LCD Projectors, Laptops and White Boards etc. to enable the faculties to teach in an innovative manner and to make the student learn and understand the concepts of the subjects in a better way.
All CIPET laboratories are well equipped with the state of the art machineries and equipments that enable the faculty to teach the students the latest trends and technology besides providing an excellent opportunity to the students to get hands on practical training on the industrial machines.
The Tool Room at the centre, is well equipped with both Imported CNC machineries as well as the conventional machines and imparts practical training to students on manufacturing of moulds and standard mould bases.
CNC MACHINES AVAILABLE IN TOOL ROOM
- Electric Discharge Machines
- EDM Wirecut Machines
- CNC Lathe
- CNC Milling
- TOOL & CUTTER GRINDER MACHINE
- PILLAR DRILLING MACHINE
- CONVENTIONAL LATHE MACHINES
- SURFACE GRINDING MACHINE (HYDRAULIC)
- VERTICAL MILLING MACHINE
- SHAPING MACHINE, GEAR TYPE
- UNIVERSAL MILLING MACHINE
- 2 DIMENTIONAL PANTOGRAPH ENGRAVING MACHINE
- CYLINDRICAL GRINDING MACHINE
- POWER HACKSAW MACHINE (HYDRAULIC)
PLASTICS TESTING CENTER (PTC)
PTC of CIPET : CSTS - Vijayawada is NABL Accredited and BIS recognized & equipped with most modern machineries and equipments, is considered as one of the best testing labs. The lab has the facilities for testing of the Plastics Products / Composites viz. PVC/HDPE Pipes & Fittings, Dripping / Emitting Systems, Emitters, Laterals, Sprinkler Pipes, Films, Pond Linings, Tarpaulins, Geo-Membranes, Shade Nets, Tanks, Woven Sacks / Non-Woven Bags etc. The tests are performed as per IS / ASTM / ISO Standards.
Various below mentioned State Govt. organizations are utilizing the services of PTC of CIPET : CSTS - Vijayawada.
Further CIPET imparts hands on practical training to students on testing and quality control assignments viz plastics materials / products/ composites testing/inspection.
SOME OF THE TESTING EQUIPMENTS FACILITIES
- DIFFERENTIAL SCANNING COLORIMETER (DSC)
- GAS CHROMATOGRAPHY
- ATOMIC ABSORPTION SPECTROSCOPY
- THERMO GRAVIMETRIC ANALYZER (TGA)
- UV WEATHEROMETR
- HOT AIR OVEN / DRIER
- ESCR APPARATUS
- FREE FALLING DART IMPACT TESTER
- HARDNESS TESTER
- DIELECTRIC BREAKDOWN TESTER
- COMPARATIVE TRAKING INDEX
- FALLING WEIGHT IMPACT TESTER FOR PIPES
- MELT FLOW INDEX TESTER
- COMPUTER CONTROLLED UNIVERSAL TESTING MACHINE
- FLAMMABILITY TESTER
- DIGITAL WEIGHING BALANCE
- HDT / VSP APPARATUS
- MUFFLE FURNACE
- CARBON BLACK CONTENT TESTER
- HAZE & CLARITY METER
- DEEP FREEZER
- TEAR TESTER
- SLIP ( CO-EFFICIENT OF FRICTION TESTER)
- HOT WATER BATH FOR TYPE TEST
- NOTCH CUTTER
- IZOD IMPACT TESTER DIGITAL
- CARBON BLACK DISPERSION TESTER
- HOT AIR OVEN (RESISTANCE TO TENSION AT ELEVATED TEMPERATURE)
- OIL BATH REVERSION TEST
- OPACITY TESTER
- WATER BATH FOR ACCEPTANCE TEST
- EMITTER FLOW PATH MEASUREMENT TESTER
- EMITTER FLOW RATE VARIATION TESTER
- EMITTER PULL OUT TESTER WITH 40 NET
- DIG. HYDROSTATIC PRESSURE TEST M/c.
- STABILITY CHAMBER
- END FITTING (END CAPS FOR HYDROSTATIC PRESSURE TESTING OF PIPE)
- END FITTING (END CAPS FOR HYDROSTATIC TESTING (CONE TYPE))
- TESTING FACILITIES FOR PVC PIPES & SOCKETS, HDPE PIPES & SOCKETS, TANKS / CONTAINERS, FILMS (MULCHING, POND LINERS, GEO MEMBRANES, VERMIBEDS ETC), GAS PIPES, CABLES, DRIP/SPRINKLER IRRIGATION SYSTEMS, HOSE PIPES, PLB DUCTS, TOYS, WOVEN SACKS AND OTHER DIVERSE PLASTICS PRODUCTS.
The Plastics processing department of CIPET : CSTS - Vijayawada is well equipped with both the conventional processing machines as well as modern micro processor controlled processing machines which provides a broad range of practical training to students and also offers technical services to the Industrialists / Entrepreneurs.
PROCESSING MACHINE EQUIPMENTS FACILITIES
- Microprocessor contolled injection moulding machine - 3 nos.
- Microprocessor controlled automatic injection moulding machine - 4 nos.
- Hand operated injection moulding machine - 1.0 oz,1.5 oz, 2.0 oz
- Recycling extruder with pelletizing - Per hour 20 Kg
- Rpvc pipe extruder (single screw with post extrusion)
- Scrap grinder
- Semi automatic horizontal plastic injection moulding machine
- Semi automatic vaccum forming machine
- Semi automatic vertical injection moulding machine
- Single layer extrusion blown film unit with carona treater
- Ultra sonic welding equipment
- PE Pipe extrusion plant (50 OD)
- Plastic extrusion plant & machinery TQPP blow film extrusion plant with corona treater 45mm SF
- Blown film plant - LD & HD - 300 mm Width / 30 kg per hour / screw size - 51 mm
- Cast film extruder - 300 mm Width / 30 kg per hour / screw size - 51 mm
- Colour blender
- Electro-pneumatic trainer with programmable logic control (PLC)
- Film grinder - Per hour 30 Kg
- High speed mixer
- Hot plate welding equipment
- Hydraulic / pneumatic - cut sections
- Hydraulic compression moulding press - 30 T
- Hydraulic training kit - Hydraulic, Electrical & Pneumatic
The Design and CAD/CAM departments of CIPET : CSTS - Vijayawada are facilitated with the latest systems and software for imparting effective training to the students on product moulding and design.
LIST OF SOFTWARE AVAILABLE FOR DESIGNING AND TRAINING AT CAD/CAM/CAE CENTRE
- PRO-E SOFTWARE
- ANSYS SOFTWARE
- SOLID EDGE & CAM SOFTWARE
- UNIGRAPHICS - NXII SOFTWARE
- AUTODESK FEATURE CAM - ULTIMATE
- CATIA SOFTWARE
Library of CIPET : CSTS - Vijayawada is managed through automated e-library software i.e. e-Granthalaya and it is equipped with various titles/volumes of books and periodicals related to Plastics and allied disciplines for the benefit of the students to enhance their knowledge and to be updated with the dynamic technological developments.