ABOUT CIPET : CSTS - MYSURU
CIPET has established its extension centre in the heritage city Mysore in the state of Karnataka in the year 1991 with the objective of providing Technical education and Technical support services in the field of Plastics. CIPET Mysuru has fully functioning Departments Design, CAD/CAM, Processing, Toolroom and Testing under one roof and committed to provide state of the art Technical support services and Consultancy thereby providing quality education to the students as per the requirements of Plastics and Allied Industries.
CIPET : CSTS - Mysuru Centre is ISO 9001:2015 certified for Training and Technical Services and our Plastics Testing Centre is accredited by NABL for ISO 17025 : 2005 QMS & ISO 17020 and recognized by Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS).
CIPET : CSTS - Mysuru is presently conducting Long Term Courses and also short duration programs in Plastics Processing / Injection Moulding / Extrusion / CNC Milling / CNC Lathe etc., Also our CAD department is conducting various specialized training on CAD Software's.
We are playing vital role to create skilled and technically trained manpower in the field of Plastics Technology by the following Long Term Courses:
ACADEMIC PROGRAMS :
Considering the growth of Plastic Industries in Karnataka, development of Plastics & Allied Industries and expansion of existing plastics & allied industries in and around Mysuru demand for the trained manpower is ever increasing in Karnataka. In order to meet the same the following Long Term Courses approved by AICTE are being conducted at CIPET : CSTS - Mysuru.
POSTGRADUATE DIPLOMA PROGRAM
POSTGRADUATE DIPLOMA IN PLASTICS PROCESSING & TESTING
DIPLOMA IN PLASTICS TECHNOLOGY
DIPLOMA IN PLASTICS MOULD TECHNOLOGY
TAILOR MADE TRAINING PROGRAMS :
CIPET : CSTS - Mysuru also offers Tailor Made Course (TMC) for the Industries which are specially designed as per the specific requirements that can be conducted in-house/on-site as per the Individual's Convenience. The centre also offers Entrepreneurship Development Programs (EDP) to facilitate entrepreneurs to start the Plastic Industries.
SHORT TERM TRAINING PROGRAMS :
CIPET : CSTS - Mysuru also offers Short term skill development Courses (3months/6 months) sponsored by State / Central Govt. / CSR Sponsored Programs for the
unemployed youth aimed at enhancing the skills with better Employability.
The Short Term Courses offered at CIPET : CSTS - Mysuru are
- Plastics Processing Machine Operation
- Injection Moulding Machine Operation & Maintenance
- CNC Machine Programming & Operation
- CAD/CAM/CAE Application in Plastics Product & Mould Design
TECHNICAL SUPPORT SERVICES :
CIPET : CSTS - Mysuru offers Technical support Services in various disciplines of Design/Tooling/Processing/Testing and Inspection to various Plastics Industries
in and around Karnataka and plays a role of catalyst in developing the Industrial Sector.
The Departments which provides Technical support services are,
The following technical services are rendered by the Processing Department:
- Plastics Processing Department has state of art Plastics Processing Machineries for providing On-Job Practical Training.
- All range of commercial Machines available to undertake job works for new entrepreneurs.
- Provides Consultancy for setting up of new projects and Processing, Trouble shooting and improvement in productivity.
- Provide services for Inspection, Proving and evaluation of moulds and dies, Mould Trial & optimization of processing parameters and Mass Production.
- Conducts Tailor-Made / Modular Training Programs on the specific topics as per the requirement of Plastics Industry.
TOOL ROOM DEPARTMENT
The following technical services are rendered by the Tool Room Department :
- CIPET undertakes assignments for product designs and mould fabrication. Some of these facilitate import substitution.
- Tool Room also undertakes job orders of varying magnitude such as Maintenance of moulds & dies, grinding, drilling, designing, development of jigs & fixtures, tool parts etc.
- Precision machining components work also undertaken.
- Trainees are imparted on job training on these assignments providing them with a unique chance for upgrading their knowledge with latest software and state of art machines.
Testing Lab is accredited by NABL for ISO 17025:2005 QMS & ISO 17020 and recognized by Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS). The laboratory provides testing and quality assurance to the plastics industries and various Government agencies in testing of Plastics Materials and Products as per national and international Standards.
The following technical services are rendered by CAD/CAM Department:
- Imparting Short Term Training on CAD/CAM/CAE Software
- Modeling, Assembling and Detailing of Parts
- Design and Development of various Plastic Products and its moulds
- Computer Aided Manufacturing for mould parts machining in CNC Machines
- Analysis of plastic Parts for fill, flow, cool and warpage