ABOUT CIPET : IPT & CSTS - KOCHI
CIPET has established a centre at Kochi since 2012 - Centre for Biopolymer Science & Technology (CBPST) - with the fund support of Govt. of India as well as
Govt. of Kerala. CBPST is renamed as CIPET : IPT - Kochi from March 2018.
Kochi (colonial name Cochin) is a vibrant city situated on the south-west coast of the Indian peninsula in the breathtakingly scenic and prosperous state of Kerala, hailed as "God's Own Country". Its strategic importance over the centuries is underlined by the sobriquet Queen of the Arabian Sea.
CIPET: IPT - Kochi is a model centre for Academic Programs in Biopolymer Science, Polymer Science & Technology and will also focus on promoting Bio plastics and natural fibre based green composites. CIPET is offering PG courses - M.Sc. in Biopolymer Science and M.Sc. in Polymer Science in affiliation with CUSAT. As per the demand for skilled and qualified manpower in plastic industries CIPET : IPT - Kochi has introduced Diploma programmes approved by AICTE.
CIPET : IPT - Kochi is equipped with state of the art infrastructure to provide technical services to plastics & allied industries and to provide quality education to the Students undergoing training in the Institute creating technically qualified manpower to meet the requirement of Industries at various levels.
CIPET : IPT - Kochi is a recognized research centre of Cochin University of Science and Technology (CUSAT). The major research areas include:
- Biopolymers and Composites
- Chemical Modification of Polymers
- Natural Fiber Reinforced Polymer Composites
- Polymer Blends, Alloys and Composites
- E-Brochure (File Size: 6.39 MB)
ACCREDITATION AND QUALITY MANAGEMENT SYSTEM :
- The Testing Lab is accredited as per ISO/IEC 17025:2005 by NABL
- Recognition by Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS) for Testing and evaluation of plastics materials and products
- ISO 9001 : 2015 QMS for its Technical and Training services