CIPET : CSTS - Haldia Centre was established jointly by the Govt. of India and Govt. of West Bengal in the year 2002. The prime objective of the centre is to
cater to the needs of trained manpower for the industries and render technical and consultancy services to the plastics and Allied industries. The thrust area of
the Centre is earmarked for the development and assistance towards Plastics in Medical applications.
The Centre is equipped with full-fledged Design Wing, Tool Room, CAD/CAM Section, Plastic Processing Workshop, and Testing Laboratory with R&D activities.
The Campus has well equipped Training centre to conduct professional courses as well as Long Term and Short term Training programs in the fields of Plastics Technology. In addition, the Centre conducts Short term courses i.e. EDP Training, Skill Development Training, Tailor-made Training programs & Awareness programs in the fields of Plastics under the sponsorship of various State Govt. & Central Govt. Departments, Private organizations etc. It also organizes CAD/CAM and CNC Training for the students and Industrial personnel by using latest softwares. The Testing laboratory of this centre is NABL accredited and BIS recognized for testing of plastic materials and products.
Besides this, the centre also undertakes inspection services of the plastics products being used and procured by the Govt. Departments and organizations. The centre is also involved in Design development and fabrication of moulds and dies, Industrial products and thread gauges for the industries. Moreover the industries also utilize the spares capacity of molding machines for mould trial and development works.
ACCREDITATION AND QUALITY MANAGEMENT SYSTEM :
- The Testing Lab is accredited as per ISO 17025:2005 by NABL.
- Recognition by Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS) for the Testing and evaluation of plastics materials and products.
- ISO 9001 : 2015 QMS for its Technical and Training services.
ACADEMIC PROGRAMS :
- AICTE approval for Long Term Courses like PGD-PPT, DPMT, DPT, PD-PMD.
- Recognized by WBSCSTDFC, NSFDC, MSJE, ALIAH UNIVERSITY & DST-NIMAT for conducting Skill Development training programmes.
- Centre has installed highly sophisticated equipment and computers to cater the Long Term courses.
LONG TERM PROGRAMS :
Keeping in view the Noble mission & vision of CIPET and rapid growth of Plastics & its Allied Industries in and around the State and ever increasing need of trained and skilled manpower CIPET is conducting the following Long Term courses at CIPET : CSTS - Haldia.
POSTGRADUATE DIPLOMA PROGRAM
POSTGRADUATE DIPLOMA IN PLASTICS PROCESSING & TESTING
POST DIPLOMA PROGRAM
POST DIPLOMA IN PLASTICS MOULD DESIGN WITH CAD / CAM
DIPLOMA IN PLASTICS TECHNOLOGY
DIPLOMA IN PLASTICS MOULD TECHNOLOGY
SHORT TERM TRAINING PROGRAMS :
- Skill development & job oriented training on plastics processing & machine operator
- Speciliazed training on CAD/CAM/CAE Softwares
- Specialized training on CNC programming & machining
- Summer training program for engineering students
- Tailor made program for industries
- Entrepreneurship development program
SHORT TERM TRAINING PROGRAMS (SPONSORED) :
The Following Short Term Courses were Sponsored By WBSCSTDFC, NSFDC, NBCFDC, NSKFDC, MSJE, Aliah University (Govt of West Bengal), Power Finance Corporation, DST-NIMAT (under TEDP Scheme) & JIS College of Engineering, Kalyani (Under TEQUIP Scheme).
- MOIM - Machine Operator Injection Moulding
- MOEP - Machine Operator Extrusion Moulding
- MOBM - Machine Operator Blow Moulding
- PPMM - Plastics Processing & Machine Maintenance
- MOTR - Machine Operator Tool Room
- MO-CNC - Machine Opearaor Computer Numerical Control
- Plastic Product Manufacturing by Injection Moulding technique
- Plastics Testing & Quality Assurance for Plastic products
- Pro E Creo CAD Software Training
The duration of the above courses ranges from 4 to 26 weeks.
TECHNICAL SUPPORT SERVICVES :
CIPET renders quality services to the Plastics & allied Industries in Tooling, Machining through CNC, Designing & manufacturing of moulds, Plastics product manufacturing through Injection Moulding, Blow Moulding, Roto-moulding, Testing of plastics material & products and quality assurance. Renders Pre-delivery inspections of PVC & PE Pipes, woven sacks, Storage tanks and irrigation equipments.
- Design & analysis of plastic products
- Mould design & development
- Fabrication of moulds & dies
- Fabrication of jigs and fixtures
- Machining of precision components
- Processing of plastic products
- Testing of plastic materials and products
- Pre-delivery inspection for plastic products
- Development project on plastics and allied products
- Assessment for setting up new project and laboratory for plastics and allied industries