ABOUT CIPET : CSTS - AGARTALA
CIPET: CSTS - Agartala was established jointly by the Govt. of India and Govt. of Tripura in the year 2017.
The prime objective of the centre is to cater the needs of trained manpower for the industries and render Technical,
consultancy services to the plastic and Allied industries.
The thrust area of the Centre is earmarked for the development and assistance towards Plastics in Medical, Agricultural, Automotive, Commercial applications, etc.
The Center is well equipped with full-fledged Design Wing, Tool Room, Plastic Processing Workshop, and Testing Laboratory to conduct professional Training courses both Long Term and Short-term in the fields of Plastics Technology.
The Centre currently conducts Diploma programmes, Short term Skill Development Training, Tailor-made Training programmes, and Entrepreneurship & Awareness programmes in the field of Plastics under the sponsorship of various State Govt. & Central Govt. Departments, Private Organizations, PSUs etc. It also organizes CAD/CAM and CNC Training for students and Industrial personals. The students who successfully complete the courses are placed in the Plastics & allied industries located across the country. Altogether around 2000 short term students has been successfully places at the Industries / Companies located Maharashtra, Delhi, Bangaluru & Gujarat etc.
ACADEMIC PROGRAM :
The Center has also got approval from AICTE, New Delhi for conducting two diploma courses viz. Diploma in Plastics Technology (DPT) & Diploma in Plastics Mould Technology (DPMT) with the intake capacity of 60 seats each form the previous academic session 2020-21. The eligibility criteria for taking admission to the above courses are as follows.
DIPLOMA IN PLASTICS TECHNOLOGY
DIPLOMA IN PLASTICS MOULD TECHNOLOGY
- Lateral entry to the 3rd Semester (Direct admission to 2nd Year) is also available.
- The main object of DPT course is to develop core competency in plastics processing and machine maintenance & their Plant Position is Supervisor.
- The main object of DPMT course is to develop core competency for design and development of moulds & their Plant Position is Mould Maker or Workshop Technologist.
FEES STRUCTURE :Diploma Programs - Fees Structure - Please click here
Contact No. of HoD-Training:
Mr. Sagolsem Itomba, Technical Officer, Mobile No.: +91-9884954937
SHORT TERM TRAINING PROGRAMS :
The Following Short Term Courses were Sponsored by ONGC (Tripura Asset), Directorate for Welfare of SCs & STs; Govt. of Tripura, SoFED, Govt. of Tripura, NSFDC, NBCFDC, NSKFDC & PMKVY.
- MOA-PP : Machine Operator Assistant - Plastics Processing
- MOA-IM : Machine Operator Assistant - Injection Moulding
- MOA-PE : Machine Operator Assistant - Plastics Extrusions
- MOA-PR : Machine Operator Assistant - Plastics Recycling
- MOA-BM : Machine Operator Assistant - Blow Moulding
- MO-PP : Machine Operator - Plastics Processing
- MO-IM : Machine Operator - Injection Moulding
- MO-BM : Machine Operator - Blow Moulding
- MO-CNC Lathe : Machine Operator - CNC Lathe
- MO-CNC Milling : Machine Operator - CNC Milling
- Testing & Quality Control For Plastics Materials & Products Technician
- EDP On Manufacturing Technique On Household Plastic Product (2 Weeks)
The duration of the above courses ranges from 3 to 6 Months.
The Eligibility criteria for the above courses are Class (VIII) passed & above.
PLACEMENT / OUTCOME OF THE COURSE :
The great advantage for taking up these courses is that the students get 100% placement assistance after the completion of the course. Our Dedicated placement team with the wide network of industries across the Country will ensure each deserving students to make a career in the field of Plastics & allied Industries. Tata Autocomp Systems, Motherson Sumi Systems Ltd., Takahata Precision India Pvt. Ltd, & Pran etc. etc. are some of the companies where our passed out students are working Apart from providing placement, the students are also trained or shaped to become Entrepreneurs so that they not only become a job seeker but also a job provider. The scenario of the Plastics & allied industries of the state will observe a significant improvement when the students of this particular region after gaining both theoretical & practical knowledge set the industries / companies of their own. So, it is a golden opportunity for the students of this region to take up these courses as it will definitely give then the excellent career ahead.