CIPET : CSTS - Guwahati started functioning in the year 1999 & its own building complex at Changsari was dedicated to the Nation on 26th Sep 2002.
The centre is well equipped with the latest sophisticated modern plant and machinery for Design, Development of Dies and Tools, Plastics Processing, Testing and evaluation of plastics products and CAD/CAM/CAE facilities. The Testing laboratory has been Accredited by National Accreditation Board for Testing & Calibration Laboratories.
The main objectives of the centre are to develop skilled manpower for the plastics and allied industries through various Long Term Training Programs. From time to time the centre conducts a number of Short Term Courses / EDP / Tailor made programs / In-plant training programs etc. to create self-employment opportunities for the unemployed youths of the North Eastern Region.
The centre has well qualified and trained faculty / technical personnel to impart quality training to the entrepreneurs in the field of Plastics Engineering. It also engages expert Guest faculties drawn from reputed establishments / organizations on need basis to cater to the need of the participants.
ACCREDITATION AND QUALITY MANAGEMENT SYSTEM :
- ISO 9001 : 2015 QMS certification by BVQI for its Technical and Training services.
- The Plastic Testing Laboratory is accredited by NABL, (A constituent board of Quality Council of India) for performing Mechanical and Chemical Tests on raw material and plastics products.
- Recognition by Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS) for the Testing and evaluation of plastics materials and products.
ACADEMIC PROGRAMS :
POSTGRADUATE DIPLOMA PROGRAM
POSTGRADUATE DIPLOMA IN PLASTICS PROCESSING & TESTING
DIPLOMA IN PLASTICS TECHNOLOGY
DIPLOMA IN PLASTICS MOULD TECHNOLOGY
SHORT TERM SKILL DEVELOPMENT TRAINING :
- Skill Development Training for unemployed youth with assured placement to successful trainees in Plastics Industries are regularly conducted at CIPET : CSTS - Guwahati all though the year.
- The programs are sponsored by various PSUs like GAIL, Coal India Limited, REC etc under CSR Scheme, Government Department / Agencies like Assam Skill Development Mission (ASDM), National Skill Development Corporation etc for underprivileged and unemployed youth.
- NSQF level 3 & Level 4 of 480 Hrs and 960 Hrs are offered in Skill Development in areas of Injection Molding, Blow Molding, Plastics Processing, Plastics Extrusion, CNC-Lathe, CNC-Milling, Tool Room Operator, Mold Design etc.
DEVELOPMENT PROJECTS :
TOOL ROOM DEVELOPMENT PROJECTS
- Design & Development of hydraulic press machine for neist jorhat (CSIR)
- Development of rotary drum for NIT, Meghalaya
- Development of vermi composer for NIT, Meghalaya
- Development of shredder machine for IIT, Guwahati
- Fabrication of rotary composter for IIT, Guwahati
- Fabrication of bio gas reactor for IIT, Guwahati
- Development of Insect collector for Regional Agricultural Research Station Nagaon, Arunachal Pradesh