All the classrooms are architecturally designed with optimal natural light adequate air circulation and equipped with LCD Projectors, Laptops and White Boards etc. to enable the faculties to teach in an innovative manner and to make the student learn and understand the concepts of the subjects in a better way.
All CIPET laboratories are well equipped with the state of the art machineries and equipments that enable the faculty to teach the students latest trends and technology besides providing an excellent opportunity to the students to get hands on practical training on the industrial machines.
The Design and CAD/CAM departments of the centre are facilitated with the latest systems and software for imparting effective training to the students on product and moulding design. The department provides following services to the plastic & allied industries:
- 3D Solid Modeling
- 2D Drawings
- Plastics Product Design & Mould Design
- Data Conversion
- Generation of CNC Part Programmes
- CAD/CAM software training
- Lab : 3 Nos.
- Computer Workstation : 125 Nos.
- Server : 5 Nos.
- UG NX
- Solid Edge
- University MD FEA Bundle + MSC Fatigue
PLASTICS TESTING LAB
Testing facilities have been accredited by NABL (National accreditation Board for Testing & Calibration Laboratories) and recognized by BIS (Bureau of Indian Standards) for testing of Plastic Products under BIS Certification Marks Scheme. The laboratory at Guwahati has adequate expertise and requisite infrastructure to conduct tests and carry out Pre/Post delivery Inspection (PDI). In addition to other plastics product, CIPET : CSTS - Guwahati also has expertise in testing of Bamboo Mat Board for General Purposes, Plywood for concrete shuttering work, Marine Plywood, Block Boards & Plywood for General Purposes.
CIPET has also received accreditation as per ISO/IEC-17020 by NABCB (National Accreditation Board for Certification Bodies) for Inspection of Plastic & Allied Products.
- Universal Testing Machine
- HDT/VSP Tester
- Melt flow Tester
- Falling weight dart impact tester
- Tear tester for films
- Carbon Black Content apparatus
- Hydrostatic Pressure testing for Pipe
- Opacity tester
- Short term (Hydrostatic Pressure testing equipment)
- Volume/Surface Resistivity apparatus(Megohmeter)
- Atomic Absorption Spectrometer
- Q - sun Xenon test chamber
- UV Weathering tester
- Transparency Meter
- Digital Hygrometer
- Digital Gloss meter
- Rockwell Hardness tester
- Gas permeability tester
- Taber abrader
- Shore Hardness Tester
Plastics processing department has broad range of practical training facilities in the form of conventional processing machines as well as modern micro processor controlled processing machines. In addition to the training activities, the processing department also provides the following customer services:
- Moulding of Plastics products and proving of moulds
- Tailor made / modular training programs on the specific topics as per the requirement of Plastics industry
- Organize Awareness / Orientation & Entrepreneurship Development Programs (EDP) on "Plastics Processing Techniques"
- Consultancy & advisory services to the Plastics industries on "Trouble shooting of processing defects" and "Improvement in Productivity"
- Consultancy services to the new entrepreneurs on "Setting up of a Plastics processing industry"
- Automatic Injection moulding machines
- Blown Film Extrusion plant
- Pipe Extrusion plant
- Semi Automatic vertical type injection moulding machines
- Semi Automatic horizontal type injection moulding machines
- Automatic Compression moulding machine
- Compression moulding machine
- Thermoforming machine
- Vacuum forming machine
- Rotational moulding machine
- Auto Blow moulding machine
- Two Roll Mill
- FRP Demonstration facility
- Hand injection moulding machines
- Hand Blow moulding machine
- Scrap Grinding machine
The is well equipped with ultramodern, state-of-the-art tool room having wide variety of precision machines. The tool room is supported by a dedicated & qualified team of people with expertise in fabrication of moulds, high precision machining, manufacturing of standard mould bases, development of jigs & fixtures etc.
- CNC Milling
- CNC Machining Centre
- CNC Wire EDM
- CNC EDM
- CNC Lathe
- Lathe Machine
- Vertical & Universal Milling machine
- Radial drilling machine
- Universal tool & Cutter Grinding Machine
- Universal Cylindrical Grinding machine
- Pillar Drilling Machine
- Pantograph machine
- Shaping Machine
- Pedestals Machine
Library in this Centre caters to the information needs of the students, staff and faculty. The library has collection of literatures pertaining to all the domains of polymers, manufacturing and allied subjects. The total number of books in the library is around 2200. The collection includes textbooks, reference books, personality development books, Competitive examination books etc. Periodicals which highlight the latest polymer industry technology and trends are also subscribed to keep the students abreast of the current developments in their field of study. The Library is automated with a Library Management Software and well equipped with latest technologies. RFID tags has been fixed in all the books to facilitate quick transactions.
Digital Library has been established at CIPET : CSTS - Guwahati Centre. The digital library is an information storage and retrieval system in which collections are stored in digital format and easily accessed by individual / networked computers. The efficient software platform, boasts of the most up-to-date information on every subject that is quickly retrievable by keying elementary fields in the search options. The e-books collection includes titles from various subjects like Mathematics, Electrical Engineering, Plastics Mould and Design Graphics, Power Plant Engineering etc.
Video Conferencing facility has been provided at CIPET : CSTS - Guwahati to enable participation and exchange of information during scientific / technical conferences / seminars / invited lectures / faculty meet etc.
In order to accommodate outstation students, an exclusive hostel for boys has been functioning at the centre. The self-contained hostel provides many amenities such as internet room, reading room, indoor games, gym a lounge and a dining hall besides an uninterrupted supply of regular water and purified drinking water. A medical officer is also attached to the hostel to provide emergency medical care.
CANTEEN / CAFETERIA
A centralized cafeteria with ample seating space has been functioning at CIPET : CSTS - Guwahati catering to the food needs of the students providing variety of nutritious delicious food as well as snacks / Tea / Coffee.
The centre has vast playgrounds that are suitable for playing cricket, football, Volleyball and athletics. Besides it has excellent facilities for indoor games like chess, carom and table-tennis. CIPET organizes sports meets on regular basis and encourages the students to take part in various competitions.