1. What are the UG programs that are offered at CIPET?
There are 2 UG programs offered at CIPET Institutes and the degree is awarded by the University which the respective centre is affiliated to. The engineering courses are
• B.E. / B.Tech. (Plastics Engineering / Plastics Technology)
• B.E. / B.Tech. (Manufacturing Engineering / Manufacturing Technology)
2. Where are these programs offered?
The Engineering programs are offered at the four Institute of Plastics Technology (IPT) of CIPET located at Ahmedabad, Bhubaneswar, Chennai, Lucknow and Raipur.
3. What is the admission procedure for the UG courses?
The candidates are selected through admission policies of the following affiliating Universities:
4. How can I get information about admission?
The details regarding the information on admission will be made available in the CIPET's website (www.cipet.gov.in) and also in the respective university's website during the months of April - May every year.
5. What are the PG programs that are offered at CIPET?
The following Masters programs are offered by CIPET. The CIPET IPT centres offer these programs which are affiliated to the respective university of the state they are located in.
6. What is the admission procedure?
The candidates are selected through admission policies of following affiliated Universities:
7. Do you follow your own syllabus?
No. Since, the Institute of Plastics Technology (IPT) Centres of CIPET are affiliated to respective State universities; they follow the syllabus and curriculum as arrived at with the concerned university.
8. Are hostel facilities available?
All IPT Centres have hostel facilities to accommodate outstation students. You will need to check with each centre's accommodation facilities for boys and girls hostels. The hostels are self-contained with amenities such as internet room, gym, lounge and dining hall.
9. What are the food options available to students in the hostels?
Each hostel has a mess attached which provides both vegetarian and non-vegetarian options. A large cafeteria is available for day scholars.
10. What are the placement opportunities at CIPET?
IPT courses are known for their perfect blend of theory with hands-on practical sessions. CIPET's close association with industry makes our graduates get placed in the polymer industry as well as allied industries. Our statistics bear to the fact that 80% of our students get easily absorbed into both public and private limited companies while 5% become entrepreneurs and the remaining 15% pursue higher studies in their chosen fields.