All the classrooms are architecturally designed with optimal natural light and air circulation and equipped with LCD Projectors, Laptops and White Boards etc. to enable the faculty to teach in an innovative manner to make the student learn and understand the subjects in a better way.
All CIPET laboratories are well equipped with the state-of-the-art machineries and equipments that enable the faculty to teach the students the latest trends and technology besides providing an excellent opportunity for the students to get hands on practical training on various industrial machines.
The Design and CAD/CAM departments of CIPET - Murthal are facilitated with the latest systems and software for imparting effective training to the students on product and moulding design. The department also provides the following services to the plastic & allied industries:
- 3D Solid Modelling Conversion of 2D drawings - 3D models
- Plastics Product Design & Mould Design
- Product Design & Development
- Product / Mould design validation
- Data Conversion
- Generation of CNC Part Programmes
- CAD/CAM/CAE software training
- AUTO CAD SOFTWARE WITH LATEST VERSION
- UNIGRAPHIX NX 10.0
- CREO PARAMETRIC 2.0
- CATIA V5 R 20
- SOLID WORKS 2017 WITH I-MOLD & MASTER CAM
- SOLID EDGE ST10
- ANSYS 18.0
- NASTRAN 18
- COMPUTER WORKSTATIONS - 100 Nos.
- COLOUR INKJET PRINTER, LASER PRINTER
The state-of-the-art Testing Laboratory, at the centre is, equipped with modern machineries and equipments and is considered as one of the best testing labs in Asia. The centre imparts hands on practical training to students on testing and quality control assignments viz plastics materials / products / composites testing / inspection.FACILITIES
- Differential scanning calorimetry (DSC)
- Universal Testing Machine
- Impact Tester (Izod & Charpy)
- Melt Flow Index
- QUV weather-o-meter
- Climetic Chamber
- Hot Air Oven
- Falling Impact Tester For Film
- Falling Impact Tester For Pipe
- Di-Electric Strength Tester
- Carbon Black Content Tester
- Environmental Stress Cracking tester
- Precision Weighing Balance
- Density Kit of Part Weighing Balance
- Shore Hardness A & D Digital
- Contour Cutter
- Comparative Tracking Index
- Two Roll Mill
- Hydraulic Compression press
- Muffle Furnace
- Deep Freezer
- Hot Oil Bath
- Glow Wire Tester
- Flexural Creep Tester
- Analytical Weighing Balance
- Barcol Hardness Tester
- Water Bath (Hot & Cold)
- Coefficient of Friction Tester
- Tear Test
- Burst Strength Tester
- HDT / VSP Computerized tester
- Impact Tester(Izod & Charpy)
- Carbon Black Content Tester
- Carbon Black Dispersion tester
- Gloss Meter
- Haze meter
- IP 5X
- High voltage tester
- Earthing Connection tester
- Insulation resistance
- Melting Point Apparatus
- Muffle Furnace
- Digital Hydrostatics Pr. testing
- Opacity Tester
- Strength of Seam
- Conditioning Chamber
- Moisture meter
- Soxlet Apparatus
- Water proofness Tester
- Micro Processor Karl Fischer
- Flammability Chamber
The Plastics processing department of the centre is well equipped with both the conventional processing machines as well as modern micro processor controlled processing machines and provides a broad range of practical training to students. Following customer services are provided by the processing department:
- Moulding of Plastics products and proving of moulds.
- Tailor made / modular training programs on the specific topics as per the requirement of Plastics industry.
- Organize Awareness / Orientation & Entrepreneurship Development Programs (EDP) on "Plastics Processing Techniques".
- Consultancy & advisory services to the Plastics industries on "Trouble shooting of processing defects" and "Improvement in Productivity".
- Consultancy services to the new entrepreneurs on "Setting up of a Plastics processing industry".
- Micro processor controller Injection Moulding M/c, 350 Ton
- Micro processor controller Injection Moulding M/c, 275 Ton
- Micro processor controller Injection Moulding M/c, 200 Ton
- Micro processor controller JSW, (All Electric, Automatic), 180 Ton
- Micro processor controller Injection Moulding M/c, 85 Ton
- Micro processor controller Injection Moulding M/c, 80 Ton
- Micro processor controller Injection Moulding M/c, 50 Ton
- Semi Automatic Injection Moulding M/c, 30 Ton
- Hand Injection Moulding M/c
- Single-layer Blown Film Plant
- Single-layer Pipe Film Plant
- Extrusion Blown Film Plant
- Automatic Microprocessor Controlled Extrusion Blow Moulding Machines (1 litre)
- Microprocessor controlled automatic extrusion blow moulding machine (1/2 litre)
- Microprocessor controlled PET stretch blow moulding
- Hand Blow Moulding machine
- Hand Compression Moulding Machine
- Semi Automatic Compression Moulding M/c, 30T
- Roto moulding Machine with Pulverizer
- Semi-Automatic Thermoforming Machine
- High speed Mixer Machine
- Hot Air Gun
- Hot Stamping Machine
- High Frequency Welding Machine
- Hot Plate Welding
- FRP Cooling Tower
- Hot Air oven
- Mould Temperature Controller
- Dehumidifying drier
- Over Head Crane - 2&5 Ton capacity
- OIL Cleaning Machine
- Scrap Grinder
- Air Compressor (25 Kgf)
- Hot Air Dryer
The Tool Room at the centre has a variety of sophisticated equipments and machineries to meet the industry and training needs.CNC MACHINE FACLITIES
- CNC EDM SPARK - ACT SPARK SP - 01, 400X300mm
- CNC EDM SPARK - SMART CNC, 500X350X450mm, 02 Nos.
- CNC Wire Cut EDM - MAXI CUT E-1, 300X400X120mm
- CNC Lathe - TL - 1, Maximum 150mmX650mm, RPM - 0 to 2000, 02 Nos.
- CNC Lathe - VX - 123, Maximum 22mm, RPM - 2000
- CNC Milling - Mini mill, 400X300X400mm, RPM 0-5000, 02 Nos.
- CNC Milling - CHETAK - 75, 800X500X500mm, RPM 0 to 6000
- CNC Milling - Max mill, 450X400X450mm, RPM 0 to 6000
- CMM - RUBY, 400X500X35mm
- Universal Milling - FN2V, 800X200X400mm, RPM - 45 to 2000
- Turret Milling - TRM-5V, 800X200X400mm, RPM 60 to 4200
- Vertical Milling (Knee Type), 800X200X400mm, RPM- 45-2000, 03Nos.
- Lathe - NL-180, Centre Distance - 180mm, RPM 30-1200, 02 Nos.
- Lathe - NH-22, Centre Distance - 220mm, RPM 40-2040, 03 Nos.
- Lathe - NH-26, Centre Distance - 260mm, RPM 40-2040
- Lathe - MLZ-250V, Maximum 60mm, RPM - 2000, 02 Nos.
- Heavy Duty Surface Grinder - SFW, 1000X300mm, RPM - 1500
- Hydraulic Surface Grinder - AVRO TP6, 200X600mm, RPM - 2400
- Hydraulic Surface Grinder - 350X200mm, RPM - 2800
- Cylindrical Grinder - ANUBHAV 130, 100X600mm, RPM 800 to 2120
- Cylindrical Grinder - DEVCO/UC 300, 50X300mm, RPM - 1600
- Radial Drilling - RM - 62, Maximum Drill 62mm
- Pillar Drilling - P2-25 GT, Maximum Drill 25m, 04 Nos.
- Shaper - GS 24, 400X300mm, 45 Stoke/Min., 02 Nos.
- Shaper - KSM-300, 300X250mm, 02 Nos.
- Tool & Cutter Grinder - GTC 28T, Center Height - 130mm
- Power Hacksaw - M250, Maximum 150mm
- Pedestal Grinder - PG 250, 250mm RPM-1400, 04 Nos.
- Mould Polishing kit, 02 Nos.
LABORATORIES (PHYSICS, CHEMISTRY, ELECTRICAL AND ELECTRONIC)
CIPET has distinct laboratories for Physics, Chemistry, Electrical and Electronics Engineering to enable the students to effectively carry out practicals under the expert guidance of the faculties.
CIPET has a spacious and RFID equipped modern library with a rich collection of about 1000 volumes of books, periodicals, reports and reference material for the benefit of the students to enhance their knowledge.
Digital Library is also available & it helps the students to have access to the digital information resources.
Video Conferencing facility has been provided at the centre to enable participation and exchange of information during scientific / technical conferences / seminars / invited lectures / faculty meet etc.
In order to accommodate outstation students, the centre has excellent hostel facilities for Boys and Girls. These self-contained hostels provide many amenities such as internet room, reading room, indoor games, gym a lounge and a dining hall besides an uninterrupted supply of regular water and purified drinking water. A medical officer is also attached to the hostel to provide emergency medical care.
CANTEEN / CAFETERIA
A centralized cafeteria with ample seating space has been functioning at CIPET - Murthal catering to the food needs of the students providing variety of nutritious delicious food as well as snacks / Tea / Coffee.
The centre has vast playgrounds that are suitable for playing cricket, football, Volleyball and athletics. Besides this, it has excellent facilities for indoor games like chess, carom and table-tennis. CIPET organizes sports meets on regular basis and encourages the students to take part in various competitions.