All the classrooms are architecturally designed with optimal natural light adequate air circulation and equipped with LCD Projectors, Laptops and White Boards etc. to enable the faculties to teach in an innovative manner and to make the student learn and understand the concepts of the subjects in a better way.
The Design and CAD/CAM departments of CIPET : CSTS - Madurai are facilitated with the latest systems and software for imparting effective training to the students on product and moulding design. The department also provides following services to the plastic and allied industries:
- 3D Solid Modeling Conversion of 2D drawings - 3D models
- Plastics Product Design & Mould Design
- Product / Mould design validation
- CAD/CAM software training
Design Softwares & Hardwares
- Auto CAD 2011
- Uni graphics NX8.5
- CATIA V5 R20
- Hyper mesh
- Mold flow
- HCL Infinitive Global Line 2700 50 Server
- IBM Server X 3500M
- HCL Desktop Infinitive Challenger 5140 Workstation
- DELL Precision T1500 Workstation
- LENOVO Think Station E30 Computers
The Tool Room, at CIPET : CSTS - Madurai, is well equipped with both CNC machineries as well as the conventional machines to impart practical training to students on manufacturing of Moulds and manufacturing of standard mould bases.
The Tool Room at CIPET : CSTS - Madurai has expertise in machining Stainless Steel, Inconel 617, Super 304H, Haynes 230, Grade 91 & 92 Material, Tungsten Carbide, Nickel Alloy, Aluminum alloys and Teflon materials. Apart from that, many Injection Moulds, Blow Moulds and Press Tools were successfully developed for various customers like Heavy Alloy Penetrator Project (HAPP), Ordnance Factory Trichy, Southern Railway, Tamil Nadu Newsprint Papers Limited (Unit-I & II), BHEL-WRI, Department of Atomic Energy, Aerospace Engineering Private Ltd, Noha Polymers, Vertrigro, etc.
CIPET : CSTS - Madurai undertakes the design and Development of Products for various applications. We also developed training kit and transparent moulds (acrylic) for study purpose.
- CNC Milling machine - 5 Axis, Model: UX 600 - 1 No.
- CNC Milling Machine, Model: BMV80T20 With Fanuc - 1 No.
- CNC Milling Machine, Model: VF30 - 1 No.
- CNC Milling Machine, Model: 75MC - 2 Nos.
- CNC Lathe (HEAVY DUTY), Model: Sprint 25 TC - 1 No.
- CNC Lathe (Small), Model Sprint : 16 TC - 2 Nos.
- CNC Lathe (Medium), Model: Super cut 6 LT/1064 - 1 No.
- CNC EDM Machine, Model: MIC-640L - 2 Nos.
- CNC EDM Machine, Model: MIC-432C - 1 No.
- CNC Wire cut EDM, Model: V650 - 2 Nos.
- CNC Wire cut EDM, Model: Ecocut - 1 No.
- CNC Wire Drill EDM, Model: Drill 20 - 1 No.
- 3D Co-Ordinate Measuring Machine with Moving Bridge, Model: Ruby 564 - 1 No.
- Optical profile projector, Model: 400TE - 1 No.
- CNC Vision measuring unit, Model: OSP-3020T - 1 No.
- Rockwell hardness tester, Model: EW 657 - 1 No.
Tool Room Machines
- Surface Grinding Machine (Hydraulic), Model: LSG-D40-80 AH - 1 No.
- Universal Milling Machine, Model: BFU5/BFU3/BFH3 - 5 Nos.
- Vertical Milling Machine, Model: BFV5 - 1 No.
- All geared lathe (Panther), Model no:2050/3 - 1 No.
- Center lathe, Model: MLZ-250V - 6 Nos.
- Radial drilling machine, Model: BR515 - 1 No.
- Column Drilling Machine, Model: BVR 3 - 1 No.
- Geared type shaping machine, Model: MTT-450 - 3 Nos.
- 2D Pantograph engraving, Model: BR234, 2 Nos.
The Plastics processing department of CIPET : CSTS - Madurai is well equipped with both the conventional processing machines as well as modern microprocessor-controlled processing machines and provides a broad range of practical training to students. The following customer services are provided by the processing department:
- Moulding of Plastics products and proving of moulds.
- Tailor made / modular training programmes on the specific topics as per the requirement of Plastics industry.
- Organize Awareness / Orientation & Entrepreneurship Development Programmes (EDP) on "Plastics Processing Techniques".
- Consultancy & advisory services to the Plastics industries on "Trouble shooting of processing defects" and "Improvement in Productivity".
- Consultancy services to the new entrepreneurs on "Setting up of a Plastics processing industry".
- Automatic Injection Moulding Machine with Micro Processor Control, 80Ton
- All Electric Injection Moulding Machine, 150Ton
- Automatic Injection Moulding Machine with Micro Processor Control, 310Ton
- PET Stretch Blow Moulding machine, upto One Litre
- Extrusion Blow Moulding Machine - Half Litre
- Compression Moulding Machine
- Blown Flim Extrusion Machine
- Vacuum Forming Machine
The state-of-the-art CIPET : CSTS - Madurai Product Testing Laboratory (PTL), at Madurai, equipped with most modern machineries and equipment's, is considered as one of the best testing labs in Southern part of Tamil Nadu. CIPET : CSTS - Madurai imparts hands on practical training to students on testing and quality control assignments viz plastics materials / products / composites testing / inspection.
CIPET : CSTS - Madurai Product Testing Laboratory (PTL) is recognized by Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS), accredited by National Accreditation Board for Testing and Calibration Laboratories (NABL).
- Universal Testing Machine
- Atomic Absorption Spectroscopy
- Izod / Charpy Impact Tester
- Abrasion Resistance Tester
- Precision Weighing Balance
- Gas Permeability Tester
- Contour Cutter
- Water Vapour Transmission Rate Tester
- Muffle furnace
- Carbon Black Content Apparatus
- Hot Air Oven
- Constant Temperature Water Bath
- Hydrostatic Pressure Tester for Pipe
- Hot Oil Bath
- Universal Testing Machine
- Deep Freezer
- Impact Tester for Pipe
- Hot / Cold Water Bath
- Anti-Vibration Saw
- Profile Projector
- Thermostatic Water Bath
- Melting Point Apparatus
- Karl Fisher Apparatus
- Differential scanning calorimetry
- Heat Deflection Temperature / Vicat Softening Point
- Notch Cutter
- Hot Plate
- Bulk Density Tester
- VSP / HDT Apparatus
- Opacity Tester
- Pedestal Grinder
- UV - Accelerated Weatherometer
- Humidity Controller
- Melt Flow Index
- Emission Rate Apparatus
- Emitter Pull Out Tester
- Impact Tester for Tank
- Electronic Weighing Balance
- Inline Emitter Pull Out Tester
- Dumbbell Cutting Die & Press for PVC Pipe
- Dumbbell Cutting Die & Press for HDPE Pipe
- Shore - A Hardness Tester
- Hot Air Oven
- Shore - D Hardness Tester
- Magnetic Stirrer
LABORATORIES (PHYSICS, CHEMISTRY, ELECTRICAL AND ELECTRONICS ENGINEERING, FILING & FITTING, ENGINEERING DRAWING LAB)
The centre has distinct laboratories for Physics, Chemistry, Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Filing & Fitting, Engineering Drawing Lab to enable the students to effectively carry out the practical's under the expert guidance of the faculty. The students are taught to handle scientific apparatus and chemicals with extreme care.
CIPET : CSTS - Madurai has a spacious and well equipped modern library with a rich collection of about 3500 volumes of books, periodicals, reports and reference material for the students and faculties to use.
Digital Library also helps the students to have access to the digital information resources.
Video Conferencing facility has been provided at the centre to enable participation and exchange of information during scientific / technical conferences / seminars / invited lectures / faculty meet etc.
To engage and bring the best out of students, CIPET : CSTS - Madurai has formed the clubs like Science Club, Maths club, English club, & groups for cultural & sports activities.
Apart from that, CIPET : CSTS - Madurai also encourages the students for Plants sapling, Blood donation, Swatch Bharat activities and Plastikos (Plastics awareness campaign).
In order to accommodate outstation students, an exclusive hostel for boys has been functioning at CIPET: CSTS - Madurai. The self-contained hostel provides many amenities such as internet room, reading room, indoor games, gym a lounge and a dining hall besides an uninterrupted supply of regular water and purified drinking water. A medical officer is also attached to the hostel to provide emergency medical care.